Spread betting allows you to take positions in markets in a simple, easy and direct way. They are usually leveraged so only a fraction of the total value of your investment needs to be deposited in your account in order to trade and the remaining amount will be financed by us. As part of our commitment to empower our clients, we allow clients to trade with less leverage through our Variable Margin offering. You choose margin from low levels to 100% and pay for only what you use.
Here are the benefits of spread betting for you at a glance:
- TradeHub® – highly intuitive and easy to use trading and investment platform, customisable to your needs
- Variable margin – you can control the leverage you use. Chose margin from low levels to 100% and only pay for what you use.
- Extremely low lifecycle cost – the cost associated with spread betting, i.e. spread, roll over and funding, are to the best of our knowledge the lowest in the market
- Funding paid only on the portion of trade not covered by margin
- Notional value trading - allowing you to look at your trades or investments from the perspective of the full economic value of a trade or the maximum exposure.
- No expiry date
- No volatility impact on the value of the instrument – the instrument price reflects the price of underlying market
- Flexibility – you can enter and exit the position at any time you decide
- Limited risk – you can apply stop loss orders to limit the losses in adverse market conditions; moreover, the guaranteed stops*** are free of charge
- No commissions to pay – all costs are incorporated into the spread, so it is easy for you to calculate profits and losses and model future cash flows
- Easy access to global markets
- Leverage that allows you to participate in the full price movement with only a fraction of the total value of the instrument (called margin).
***Please note that free guaranteed stops do not apply to all products and are subject to trade size restrictions which may vary for each product.